#okay#so in one little exchange#edmund shuts down miraz’s attempt to patronize him#corrects his knowledge#states that he is king and thus miraz’s equal#makes a witty joke about his title of the Just that sails right over miraz’s head#humbly affirms peter’s higher authority#and finishes off by making miraz look like an idiot#in under a minute he reverses and takes control of the entire discussion#as easily and casually as if he’s having a chat with reepicheep#lewis says that he was the diplomat-king#and my headcanon is that he was head of narnian espionage as well#because look at this boy#how he dances with words#how he masters men three times his age#and tell me he wouldn’t be absolutely LETHAL
that’s my boy.
a series of stupidly gorgeous collections
↳ paolo sebastian a/w 2014 bridal collection [+ details]
how did they learn to translate languages into other languages how did they know which words meant what HOW DID TH
English Person: *Points at an apple* Apple
French Person: Non c’est une fucking pomme
*800 years of war*
"C’est une fucking pomme" is now my favourite phrase
right up there with Viva la pluto
SORRY, WE’RE DEAD: a supernatural noir
• Virgil Meriweather, a werepanther (Idris Elba). A sharp dresser with a broad sense of humor.
• Warrenwick Gam, a vampire (Byung Hun Lee). A bit of a curmudgeon and a dead shot with a Derringer.
• Abigail LaVeau, a zombie slayer (Berenice Marlohe). Definition of a femme fatale.
• Stevie, a cabbie (Sung Kang). One of the best getaway drivers in the city, with dreams of opening a restaurant.
• Marian Underwood, a cigarette girl at a gambling hall (Kelly Reilly). Has a thing for Warrenwick, and gladly passes on information to the pair of private eyes.
• Helene LaVeau, a damsel in distress …? (Eva Green). Abigail’s half-sister, who has been kidnapped by someone with a grudge against her slayer sister.
• Christian Beauclair, a bokor (Aldis Hodge). A new mobster on the scene who practices black Voodoo to eliminate the competition.
• Osulf Sørenson, a werewolf (Mads Mikkelsen). Beauclair’s right-hand man.
the waitomo caves of new zealand’s northern island, formed two million years ago from the surrounding limestone bedrock, are home to an endemic species of bioluminescent fungus gnat (arachnocampa luminosa, or glow worm fly) who in their larval stage produce silk threads from which to hang and, using a blue light emitted from a modified excretory organ in their tails, lure in prey who then become ensnared in sticky droplets of mucus.